Are you looking for ways to make extra money for the holidays?
Here’s 9 ways to put some cash in your pocket:
1) Surveys & Trial Offers You can fill out surveys or trial offers on sites like FusionCash or CashCrate. When I was using Fusion Cash on a daily basis back in 2007, I made $134.50 in three weeks.
2) Sell on Craigslist. Pick out 10 to 20 items around your house that you can sell for $5.00 or more, and start listing them on Craigslist. It’s free to list stuff for sale, and they give you up to four photos to upload for free. I highly recommend putting photos in your listing. Two years ago, my wife and I sold a ton of furniture and home accessories all on Craigslist, because we didn’t want to move a bunch of stuff that we weren’t in love with.
3) Resell on eBay. This is a little risky, but I saw that Wal-Mart is selling a playstation 3 for $399 plus a $100 gift card with the purchase. If you bought the playstation, resold it on ebay, you’d only be out the tax. You would have a $100 gift card to spend on gifts at Wal-Mart. Be careful on this one. Only buy something that you know you can resell for the same amount of money.
4) Do Some Odd Jobs. Do your parents’ own a carpet cleaner? Print out fifty fliers and stick them in the doors around your neighborhood. If you get five jobs out of it, you’ll make a few hundreds bucks for the holidays. Do you love dogs? Put out some fliers to start walking your neighbor’s dogs.
5) House or Pet Sit over Thanksgiving. Many people go out of town for Thanksgiving and they hate knowing that their house is just sitting there. Solicit your services to watch their house or pet. You can also water their plans and take in their mail.
6) Start Blog Writing Online. It will take too long to start making any money from starting your own blog. Christmas will have come and gone long before you earn a few bucks. Instead, start writing for someone else’s blog. Check out Problogger Job Board for tons of different paid blog writing jobs. Pick a subject that you are passionate about.
7) Perform a Research Study. I know, you don’t want to be a lab rat, but if you live near a research university or hospital, they might have chances to make $500 to $2,000 participating in a study. I did three studies when I was in college, and I made a total of $1,900 doing them! I am still here, and I haven’t grown a third arm yet.
8) Make Crafts for Sale. Christmas time is the peak season for all things involved with crafts. If you are crafty, then start making Christmas ornaments, embroidered kitchen towels, wall hangings, door decorations, and anything else you can think of. You don’t even have to purchase a booth at a local fair or craft expo you can sell your items online at Etsy.com.You can earn an extra $50 when you sign up for a TradeKing account or a ShareBuilder account and make a trade by the end of the month. They give you $50 for trying out their service, although it won’t cover your whole gift budget it should be enough to pay for at least one present.
There are a tons of different ways to make money, but it takes some effort on your part. All you need is a little bit of drive and creativity to earn extra money. Do you have any other ideas to share with everyone? If so, I’d love to hear your ideas!